Today, the world is facing the pandemic of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS CoV-2) that is commonly called coronavirus or COVID-19. As the virus is a newly discovered strain of the coronavirus, many studies have been done on it and are still being done to understand everything about it and to find out the cure of this syndrome.
Since its discovery, there have been many myths about the virus that the people have spread without any proper investigation or proof. Some of these myths are described wrong as follows:
- It is not necessary that everyone who has been infected with this virus would live with it forever or would surely die because of it. You can recover from this infection if you get proper medical and supportive care to treat your symptoms.
- Cold or freezing weather does not kill this virus. The only way to kill it is through cleaning and disinfection.
- Hot weather does not stop the transmission of this virus. This virus can spread in all types of weathers.
- This new virus is not transmitted through insects like mosquitoes but through respiratory droplets.
- Hand dryers do not kill this virus.
- Thermal scanners can surely detect people who have fever due to coronavirus but it cannot detect the people who have been infected with the virus but are not yet sick.
- The virus can infect people of all ages but those with any preexisting disease conditions or older people are more prone to becoming severely ill due to it.
- There is no evidence yet that eating garlic can protect you from this virus.
- Antibiotics are effective against bacteria and not against this virus.
- Spraying disinfecting chemicals on your body does not kill the virus that has already entered your body.
- If you can hold your breath for 10 seconds or more, that does not mean that you do not have any lung disease or coronavirus inside your body.
These are some of the many myth busters regarding coronavirus and you should know about them as this virus is spreading quickly in the world due to the many myths that people are believing in. We should be careful and prevent the virus from spreading by adopting all the preventive measures and break the chain.
So, if you are the owner of a business that is still open during this pandemic or you have a medical or nursing facility, you should be aware of all of this and be responsible for the health of your employees, residents, patients or customers.
And if you suspect that any area of your commercial property has been infected with this virus, you should call for professional help for the cleaning and disinfection of your property.
You can contact service restoration who provide the disaster cleanup services, building cleanups and coronavirus decontamination services. They have experienced and certified professional team of technicians who know what they are doing and they would use CDC and EPA approved disinfectants for the cleaning and disinfection processes.